The Dando Buffalo is a simple to use, cost effective cable percussion drilling rig that is specially designed for water well drilling in areas of poor infrastructure and difficult terrain.
With a single line pull capacity of 4000kg, the Dando Buffalo 4000 has lower maintenance requirements than a standard water well drilling rig due to its simple design. The rig is designed to be robust enough to last for decades and can be pulled behind any lightweight four-wheel drive vehicle. This rig is particularly favoured by NGOs, government bodies, funding agencies and contractors.
- Silent engine pack – The Buffalo 4000 features the economical and operationally safe Hatz soundproof engine
- Low cost – no need to circulate drilling fluid using a mud pump and no need for a compressor.
- Simple to operate – good rates of production. Greater success in difficult, collapsing geological conditions.
- Tough and long lasting – built to last for decades.
- Easy to maintain – due to fewer wearing parts.
- Minimal backup – the rig requires minimal back-up due to the design and selection of components.
- Winch and power unit – winch powered by Lister diesel engine backed by worldwide service. Driven by roller chain through hand operated clutch giving “snappy” drilling action and allowing driller to retain “feel” of drill load. Powerful foot brake allows easy and precise control. Second sheave to allow handling of sampling and testing equipment and for ease of reeving a hoist block for withdrawing casing.
- Derrick – fabricated from box section steel, rear legs are hinged on winch frame and cross braced. Front legs secured at top on double pivot joints, strong brace bar with large skid feet joined to the base of the front legs.
- Tooling – rig packages can be supplied with a full range of tools including bits, casing, rods etc. All packages are tailored to suit the customer’s needs.
- Training – training is available from experienced Dando drilling engineers.
Multitec 4000 MK3 Videos
"Buffalo 4000 can moooooing and do rodeo for 100 years nonstop"
Dando’s Callum me as just returned from a visit to customer Green Gold Engineering who are sampling mineral sands in Indonesia. The geology in the area poses many difficulties for representative sample recovery at high levels with running sands being a particular problem. Ask any driller how the approach running sands and you are likely … Read moreAbout this event
Dando Drilling International is pleased to announce that with the new emissions standards which are due to come into effect in 2019, Dando will be bringing to market a new CP rig, the “Duke”. The new “Duke” will incorporate improved functionality, reliability and allow for the use of alternative engines that will meet (or exceed) … Read moreAbout this event
The New Multitec 4000 MK3 comes with a range of features for increased safety, user friendliness, efficiency and cost effectiveness. Safe and User Friendly Designed in line with the high standards set by UK, European and international mine site operators, the Multitec 4000 builds on decades of experience in exploration drilling to provide a machine … Read moreAbout this event
Indonesian Gold specialists PT Green Gold Engineering recently received a Dando Terrier for alluvial gold exploration on a new concession of mineral sands in Kalimantan. Requiring samples in the 10-15m range, Green Gold’s drilling division, Indrill, required a small, lightweight rig with low ground pressure to navigate the fine powder-white sand. The rig also needed … Read moreAbout this event
Two new Terrier Mk2 rigs setup for percussive sampling have been delivered to customers in the UK over the last few months. The first of these, STM Environmental Consultants are using the rig for site investigation in the Reading area. The purchase of the Terrier Mk2 rig is their first acquisition as they bring drilling … Read moreAbout this event
Norplan Tanzania Ltd recently purchased one of Dando’s newest additions to the range, the Multitec 4000 Mk3. Requiring a variety of different site investigation drilling methods, Norplan have enjoyed success using the rig for Geobor S coring to depths of 30m and H-Wireline to 80m. They are also using Shelby tubes and a hydraulic piston … Read moreAbout this event
Market pressures in the mineral sector have resulted in innovation at Dando Drilling International and has led to the production of their current best selling exploration rig, the Multitec 4000. “The Multitec 4000 is the most significant new rig in our mineral exploration range at the moment,” said Dando Sales Director, Quentin Dulake, in a … Read moreAbout this event
The Multitec 4000 MK3 is the latest development in Dando’s range of powerful yet compact multipurpose drilling rigs. Occupying a small footprint, the multipurpose rig is able to carry out a wide range of drilling techniques in areas of difficult access. The Mk3 has more power, a highly efficient Bosch-Rexroth hydraulic system and revised layout of … Read moreAbout this event