The Dando Buffalo is a simple to use, cost effective cable percussion drilling rig that is specially designed for water well drilling in areas of poor infrastructure and difficult terrain.
With a single line pull capacity of 4000kg, the Dando Buffalo 4000 has lower maintenance requirements than a standard water well drilling rig due to its simple design. The rig is designed to be robust enough to last for decades and can be pulled behind any lightweight four-wheel drive vehicle. This rig is particularly favoured by NGOs, government bodies, funding agencies and contractors.
- Silent engine pack – The Buffalo 4000 features the economical and operationally safe Hatz soundproof engine
- Low cost – no need to circulate drilling fluid using a mud pump and no need for a compressor.
- Simple to operate – good rates of production. Greater success in difficult, collapsing geological conditions.
- Tough and long lasting – built to last for decades.
- Easy to maintain – due to fewer wearing parts.
- Minimal backup – the rig requires minimal back-up due to the design and selection of components.
- Winch and power unit – winch powered by Lister diesel engine backed by worldwide service. Driven by roller chain through hand operated clutch giving “snappy” drilling action and allowing driller to retain “feel” of drill load. Powerful foot brake allows easy and precise control. Second sheave to allow handling of sampling and testing equipment and for ease of reeving a hoist block for withdrawing casing.
- Derrick – fabricated from box section steel, rear legs are hinged on winch frame and cross braced. Front legs secured at top on double pivot joints, strong brace bar with large skid feet joined to the base of the front legs.
- Tooling – rig packages can be supplied with a full range of tools including bits, casing, rods etc. All packages are tailored to suit the customer’s needs.
- Training – training is available from experienced Dando drilling engineers.
Buffalo 4000 Videos
"Buffalo 4000 the most robust and simple to operate and maintain method of water well drilling"
Dando Drilling International is pleased to announce that with the new emissions standards which are due to come into effect in 2019, Dando will be bringing to market a new CP rig, the “Duke”. The new “Duke” will incorporate improved functionality, reliability and allow for the use of alternative engines that will meet (or exceed) … Read moreAbout this event
With over 140 years of involvement in many hundreds of rural water supply projects Dando have experienced first-hand the life changing, life-saving effects of providing a community with a source of clean and safe water. As well as the rotary hydraulic rigs for which they are renowned Dando also recognise the limitations that high costs … Read moreAbout this event
Drilling & Prospecting Int. Ltd. was established in 2002 and is today one of East Africa’s largest geotechnical drilling contactors, operating a total of 15 rigs of various sizes and capabilities, including a Dando 2000 which has been used in countless projects on the East African coast. The Dando 2000 MK2 belongs to the range … Read moreAbout this event
Eko Atlantic city’s story started in 2003 when the Lagos State Government of Nigeria was in search of a permanent solution to protect Bar Beach in Victoria Island from the effects of severe coastal erosion, and to safeguard Victoria Island from the threat of flooding. Between 2003 and 2005 South Energyx Nigeria Limited, the developers … Read moreAbout this event